Saturday, September 06, 2008

Week in Review

The thing about being a writer is that you never know what's going to happen in any given week. It's exciting, fun, and sometimes frustrating. But it's never boring.

In the past week, I put out my September newsletter, with a great interview with author Denise Agnew. I did some promo work, finalized details for an ad in the December issue of RT magazine, and started planning my promotional materials for next year's Romantic Times convention.

I also finished my latest WIP, a sequel to my novella Amethyst Moon. I'm crossing my fingers that my editor will like it.

Then there was the new cover for my upcoming Samhain Publishing release--By The Book. It's awesome!

Because it was the beginning of the month and I had a newsletter releasing and a new book cover, I had to do some major updates on my website. I'm not a very techno-savvy person, but I can cut and paste with the best of them. LOL That and fill in the blanks.

Besides that, there was normal living. Dust had to be beaten back, floors vaccumed, bathroom cleaned, dishes washed, and errands run. Hubby does the laundry and we share the groceries and cooking, so that's okay.

My sister was here for an overnight stay as well. My oven died the night before she arrived and it was gone for two days before the repair guy actually showed up. That meant I had to wait around the house all day Thursday and Friday. Thankfully, he showed up around 3 p.m. on Friday afternoon and it was an easy repair. I have an oven for the weekend! Woohoo!

That's this week in a nutshell. I wonder what will happen this coming week?

What was your week like?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, best not to go there again. LOL
We've seen a turn in the attitudes of two Princesses so I'm hoping this coming week will be a lot better.
RC

Unknown said...

My week was spent doing exactly the same thing as the previous week, trying to get over this cold. I can't wait to see my doctor tomorrow. I feel so run down.

charleneteglia said...

Life, expect the unexpected. *g* Let's see, we did some walking and hiking, school stuff with kids, a family birthday. And I keep working on the book, getting pieces here and there.

N.J.Walters said...

That doesn't sound good, Rhian. I hope this coming week is much better for you.

N.J.Walters said...

I hope the doctor can give you something to help you get rid of your cold, Kathy. Take care of yourself.

N.J.Walters said...

Sounds like life about normal, Charli. LOL